The original idea that was brought to us to organize an international career fair is necessarily related to our very own experience as fresh PhD students. Whilst searching for career advice, job market information, and answers to questions such as « how to start a company? », or « where to find a post-doc position? », or « which between consulting and investment banking suits better?”, etc. It would have been much easier if we had the right people to consult throughout the years of PhD studies.
As result, PhDTalent was created to help PhD students and graduates finding the way out via the major annual event: PhD Talent Career Fair. The fourth edition of the Career Fair will be organized by the end of year 2015. The event is free of charge and open to all, particularly those PhDs who seek for a non-academic, but professional career; and that hosts :
– Meeting with companies, top universities and research institutions
– Open forum for discussion on entrepreneurship
– Focus groups with recruiters
– Advice on writing a good resume and training on interview method
– Conferences or workshops on hot topics